Educational and methodical department
Head of the department: Xodjabekov Murodjon Usarovich
Phone number: (8 366) 237-11-82
Educational and methodical department
Educational and methodical department plans the educational process for the preparation of specialists in the fields of architecture, urban planning and engineering, organizes, controls and manages the Chairs of the Institute and the relevant departments and services. The department analyses the activities of other Higher Educational Institutions, studies and summarizes the best practices in the field and implements the modern innovative and pedagogical technologies in the educational process.
The department works in cooperation with dean's office (deanery) and Chairs under the guidance of the Vice-Rector for educational work.
The department reports to the Vice-Rector for Educational work on the current activities carried out within the scope of its competences.
The main tasks of the department are:
• Ensure good quality preparation of the normative documents to the educational process and full implementation of them in the educational process;
• Qualitative organization of educational process, methodological support and improvement of educational process implementation of educational and upbringing work on the basis of curriculum and training programs;
• Formation of the curriculum for the academic year, the organization of the lesson schedules, the provision of the educational process with the required normative documents
• Implementation of effective and progressive methods of enhancing the quality of the monitoring and marking system of students’ knowledge, test scrutiny and other educational processes.
• Provide and control the proper use of the lecture halls and auditoriums
• Making conclusions on student monitoring, analyzing the results of the Final State Attestation and preparing reports to the Scientific Council on the basis of them
• Participation in the preparation of information on educational work and making decisions of the Scientific Council of the Institute, rector sessions, Educational and methodological Council
• Monitoring and analyzing the execution of orders, decisions, instructions and recommendations of the higher educational institutions, including the decisions of the Scientific Council, the Rector's orders, instructions and current regulations at the deanery, at the Chairs and at other departments of the Institute during the organization of educational process
• Participation in the preparation of proposals for the development of the educational process and its material and technical basis
• Urgent orders: control over the provision of group registers (logs), teacher's personal work plan, grade books, student’s certificate and training forms for departments and Chairs
• Organization of periodic seminars and trainings on introduction of up-to-date information and teaching on modern pedagogical technologies in educational process with lecturers at faculties and at the Chairs
• Determine student quota
• Controlling preparation of Deaneries and Chairs for the new academic year and others
To ensure the implementation of the above mentioned tasks, the staff of the Educational and methodical department has been divided into groups and created the conditions for their activities.
The organization and analysis of teaching process are led by the head of the department and his tasks are:
collect information about the educational process, prepare analytical materials and Rector's directives and orders, prepare of the proposals and recommendations on improving the quality of education, gather information about the studying levels of students, analyzing and controlling students' attendance to the classes, implementation of arrangements for the organization of State Certification Commissions, Implementation of the curriculum, ensuring effective hours of self-training study and qualification practice of students, to establish the directives of the Institute’s administration to the heads of the Chairs and to the staff of teachers, as well as to study of achievements, the introduction of advanced experience and methods, achievements in the organization of educational process at the Chairs of the Institute and at the other higher education institutions.
The main task of the Educational Process Planning Group is to support the current educational curriculum, decisions of the Scientific Council, guidelines of the Institute, implementation of state educational standards, organization of working curriculum development; academic loads, professor-teachers' distribution; control and analysis of the execution of academic loads at the Chairs during the academic year and semester, scheduling of all types of lessons, intermediate and final control and preparation of the schedule of the State Certification Commission , the curriculum for the academic year of the department, the curriculum of the Institute and the basic organizational activities for the academic year, pedagogical supervision and attending lessons, and scheduling of open lessons.
The group of Improving pedagogical skills and capacities of the department is engaged with the organization of the process of training and retraining of teachers and pedagogical staff and In accordance with the list approved by the Ministry in corresponding directions, teachers are sent to the regional centers of training and retraining, which are established at the main scientific and methodological center and at basic higher education institutions in order to improve the training of qualified pedagogical staff, set up open lessons, training workshops, master classes for the purpose of popularization of new competencies carried out by the pedagogical staff, who have successfully passed the certification in the course of their proper planning, training and retraining courses, organizes attending classes and attending certification courses in appropriate courses for retraining teachers.
The staff of professors and teachers includes more than 500 specialists, among them there are more than 10 Doctors of Sciences and more than 200 candidates of sciences. The Institute has 4 faculties and 25 chairs, 18 directions of training bachelors degree (the term of training is 4 years), 18 directions training Master degrees (the term of training is 2 years) which are accredited.